Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sunday's Obituary - Mary Ann Codner Smith (1821-1914)

Although I have been working more on the Matthews tree because of recent discoveries, I would still say that the Benjamin Smith family are my primary research interest.  I think I've done all I can from my computer, however, and have been relying on my cousin in Canada to dig up all she can from Ancestry while we wait for information regarding Benjamin and Mary Ann's burials.

The Benjamin Smith Family - Sometime before 1908
Orlando Chauncey, Charlotte "Lottie", George Robert,William Henry
Benjamin, Mary Ann
Emma Amelia


In my very first post I shared Benjamin's death notice and today I share Mary Ann's.




Mrs. Mary M. C. Smith
     Services for Mrs. Mary M. Codner Smith, widow of former Alderman Benjamin Smith, who died yesterday at the home of her daughter, Mrs. James M. Fisk, 1153 Broad street, will be conducted at that address tonight at 8 o'clock.  Rev. William H. Morgan, former pastor of the Central Methodist Episcopal Church, will officiate.  Interment will be made at Basking Ridge at the convenience of the family.  Mrs. Smith was ninety-one years old.  Her death was due to advanced age after a brief illness.  For more than sixty years she has lived in this city and during that time was a member of the Central Chruch.  One daughter and two sons survive her.  One of the latter, George R. Smith, is a member of the Canadian Parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Since My Last Post

  Carl Anderson (rt), his son Axel (lt), his grandson Gilbert (standing), and great-grandson. Since my last post, I've spent a good deal...