Friday, January 3, 2014

Funeral Card Friday - Mathilda A Anderson

This past Saturday we drove out to see my stepmother for a "birthday" post-holiday dinner.  She had mentioned a few weeks ago that she had found a bag of loose photos (oh, the horror) of me at about age 2 or 3.  I couldn't imagine where they had come from.  As an only child of an avid photographer, volumes of photos of my childhood grace my bookshelves.  I just couldn't imagine my father leaving loose photos in a plastic bag all these years.

On the way home we stopped for coffee and I couldn't keep myself from reaching in the back seat for the bag and looking through it.  I was amazed at what I found.  Yes, there were pictures of me but there were also pictures of my dad as a baby that I had never seen before, even one of him as a newborn!  There were also graduation pictures and Christmas pictures and pictures of dad with his Lionel trains.  A treasure trove and the best Christmas gift I could imagine!

It will take me some time to get these photos all scanned and organized but for a start, here is the funeral card of dad's maternal grandmother, Mathilda A Anderson, as well as a photo from the bag, taken in the summer of 1937.

Mathilda A Anderson Funeral Card - Inside
Mathilda A Anderson  Funeral Card - Cover

Mathilda A Anderson Funeral Card - Back Cover

Mathilda A Anderson and Stephen D Matthews - Summer 1937

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Since My Last Post

  Carl Anderson (rt), his son Axel (lt), his grandson Gilbert (standing), and great-grandson. Since my last post, I've spent a good deal...