Saturday, February 8, 2014

Sepia Saturday - Musical Christmas Card

I haven't posted to Sepia Saturday in a long time, but while I was checking out some of the other posts, I suddenly remembered my grandparents' Christmas Card featuring my mother playing the piano and couldn't let the opportunity to participate pass me by.



I don't have the year for this Christmas card but it must be mid-late 1940s.  The only thing I remember about it is that my mother often comments that her hands were not in proper playing position when the photo was taken.

Happy Sepia Saturday!


10 comments:

  1. Glad you joined us - and with such a cute picture. Happy Sepia Saturday to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she's right -- my piano teacher would have been patting my hands UP from under my wrists. Still a wonderful photo and treasured Christmas card, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the card and know nothing about hand position.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect post for this week's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely photograph of your mother in profile, and glad you didn't miss the chance to show it to us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you posting again. A great picture and a great match for the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect choice! She may have relaxed her hands but her posture is nice and straight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super...little did she (or your grandparents) know that this card would be displayed here for all of us to enjoy! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Hobbs-Merritt Do-Over

I didn't really rely on someone else's tree to give me the names of my great-grandmother's parents, did I?  Did I??? Ugh, I thi...