13. What childhood injuries do you remember?
Oh, Benjamin, my sweet little shelter kitten. Unfortunately, he lived only a few years. He was an outdoor cat, enough said.
16. What was entertainment when you were young?
Once we had a cassette deck, my dad discovered old radio shows on tape and I was then raised on Mel Brooks (2000 year old Man) and Jack Benny, I loved them, still do.
17. Do you remember what it was it like when your family got a new fangled invention? (ie. telephone, TV, VCR, microwave, computer?)
We got a VCR when my dad bought a recorder and taped everything in sight.
Earlier than that, I remember when he bought a new car with a cassette deck and huge earphones that stretched to the back seat. This way I could be entertained on long car trips without annoying them when I wanted to listed to the same thing over and over.
18. Did your family have a TV? Was it b&w or colour? And how many channels did you get?
We had a color TV. We probably got 6 channels? CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS (Thirteen), PIX and WOR.
19. Did your family move house when you were young? Do you remember it?
20. Was your family involved in any natural disasters happening during your childhood (ie.fire, flood, cyclone, earthquake etc)?
No, we were not, thankfully. We're not prone to a lot of that on Long Island. I do remember that one summer as we were on vacation on Prince Edward Island where the only phone was in the property manager's office, we somehow heard reports of a tornado touching down in the town next to ours here on Long Island. My parents called the neighbors to check on the house, but everything was fine here.
21. Is there any particular music that when you hear it, sparks a childhood memory?