Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Wedding Wednesday - Home Movies

Home movies, a phrase that has gone the way of the 8mm camera. As I was describing this film of my grandparents, father and other relatives yesterday, I couldn't find the phrase to accurately describe this film turned VHS turned MP4. Home movies, that is the term that suddenly, finally popped into my head last night.

My paternal grandparents, Dagmar Alice Viola Anderson and Howard Bierly Matthews were married on October 21, 1031 at the home of her parents in Manchester, CT. The reception was held nearby at the home of her brother, Elmer Carl Ragnar Anderson. Someone in the family must have had a thing for gadgets because some of that reception was captured on film in these home movies which also include footage of my dad apparently visiting Manchester and Cape Code with my granparents.

Get out your popcorn and enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I'm impressed at how clear the film is. I love the huge bouquets from that period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendy. I love those flowers, too. I have an 8 x 10 of my grandmother from this day and the bouquet almost takes over the whole shot, they are so impressive even in black and white.

      Delete
  2. Oh Anna! This is wonderful! I love seeing the clothing and hair styles as well! This is just priceless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I know, it really captures the time. That bow one of the girls is wearing is so great it just kills me, and the beanie on my dad at the end; I can't stop watching it!

      Delete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Hobbs-Merritt Do-Over

I didn't really rely on someone else's tree to give me the names of my great-grandmother's parents, did I?  Did I??? Ugh, I thi...