Monday, January 11, 2016

I'm Still Here!

Just checking in as I haven't worked on any new posts since the beginning of the year.

Yesterday afternoon I wanted to do something genealogy-related but I wasn't feeling focused enough to do any serious research or writing, so I scanned a couple dozen slides instead. These photos are from the summer of 1981 on Shelter Island, NY.

Shelter Island is a town and an island that sits between the forks at the east end of Long Island. It contains large areas of protected land and is a beautiful, tranquil place to spend vacation time. My father had rented a cottage there for the month of August.  He chose well; this was the view from the backyard.
 


Summer is not my favorite season but with our first snow in the forecast for tomorrow, this looks like heaven!

1 comment:

  1. I should write such a post. I have been too busy with brand new grandbabies to do any work on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...