Thursday, August 25, 2016

Treasure Chest Thursday - Crucifixes and a Cross

I thought since we've been on the subject of Dad's ordinations for the last three weeks that I would share these crucifixes and cross that I found in the basement stash last year.

Dad's faith was complicated by his leaving the Church and it wasn't something that he ever really wanted to talk about, so I unfortunately don't know anything about any of these treasures. I do remember the first two hanging in our home when I was little.


This one is now in my back hall, over a collection of photos of Dad.


This one has a temporary home for now, until we have the room repainted and rearrange some furniture.



These are a mystery. I don't remember seeing them before last September and neither does my mother.


I only know that they were Dad's and that is enough to make them treasures.

2 comments:

  1. The carved one is especially interesting. There is a missions group that visits our church selling carvings from wood from the Holy Land. I wonder if there is any significance to your dad's cross.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that thought, I wonder if any of them came from my grandparents' trip to the Near East in 1938.

      Delete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Since My Last Post

  Carl Anderson (rt), his son Axel (lt), his grandson Gilbert (standing), and great-grandson. Since my last post, I've spent a good deal...