Monday, February 5, 2018

52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Favorite Name

Dagmar Alice Viola Anderson was my paternal grandmother. She was a first-generation Swedish-American, daughter of Carl Johan Anderson and Mathilda Afina Johnson.

Viola is my favorite ancestral name, no contest. Before I studied family history I called it one of her middle names, but now I know that middle name was not a term used in Sweden. All of her names other than her surname would have been considered first names or förnamn.

Below are some of my favorite images of my grandmother from infancy to marriage.






3 comments:

  1. Viola was a gorgeous girl and beautiful young woman. And her name was as lovely as she was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, My Grandmother was a Viola too. Your pictures are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...