Thursday, February 4, 2016

Got British Roots? These two webinars might interest you.

 
I'm using this time while my coffee is brewing to share about some British Isles "webinars" I came across this week and the book (above) that I finally received yesterday.

Tonight from 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. EST, the Ontario Genealogical Society is hosting a free webinar presented by Dr. Janet Few entitled "A to Z of Family History: an alphabetical journey through some less well known sources for British Family History." According to Gail Dever, who's blog post alerted me to the webinar, live attendance is limited to the first 100 registrants. You can register here.

Many Geneabloggers have already posted the schedule of talks that will be streaming from RootsTech. You can find it here. One in particular caught my eye, "My Ancestors are from Britain - What do I do Next?", taking place from 6:30-7:30 p.m. EST tomorrow (4:30-5:30 p.m. MST). I will definitely be glued to my computer for both of these presentations.

And finally, a few weeks ago I stumbled onto the website for Holy Trinity Church in Coleford, England. This is the church where I believe my great-grandfather, Arthur William Matthews, was baptized. A book about the history of the church was advertised on the site. Luckily for me, it was also available on Amazon and it arrived yesterday. It doesn't contain any information about my family specifically, of course, but it is a fantastic resource for understanding the time in which his family lived. I'll share more about that this weekend. In the meantime, my coffee is ready and it's time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Since My Last Post

  Carl Anderson (rt), his son Axel (lt), his grandson Gilbert (standing), and great-grandson. Since my last post, I've spent a good deal...