Friday, February 28, 2020

My Unplanned Genealogy Break

Elmer Carl Anderson, Axel Heinrich Anderson, Dagmar Alice Viola Anderson

William John White "Pin" Smith

Marjorie Elizabeth Dean and Janet Isabella Smith

I had really hoped that in 2020 I would post some sort of content between my monthly Honor Roll posts, but this blogging and research break was unplanned and brought to you courtesy of my failure to get a flu shot this season. As a family historian who believes in immunizations, what was I thinking? Those of us who study history should know only too well how lucky we are to live in a time when prevention is available for diseases that killed our ancestors and it can be as easy as taking a short trip to the nearest pharmacy. But, I digress.

Just before I got sick, My Heritage released its new photo colorization tool. The photos above are some of the results that I got. On the off chance that you haven't heard about it, here is a link to the tool. It is free for those with a membership to MH and I've read that those without one can upload a limited number of photos.  It isn't perfect of course, but I love the addition of the flesh-tones to people's faces, it really brings them to life.

The past few days I have been reading blog posts, working on the Nassau and Queens locality guide and watching the free live stream from rootstech. I feel like I'm finally getting back to my life.

I have an Honor Roll Project post set to go for Monday and then I hope to be back very shortly after to share that completed locality guide and maybe even an updated research plan for Benjamin Smith.

Until then, sneeze into a tissue or the inside of your elbow, wash your hands regularly, and keep them away from your face! And never skip that flu shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

A quick English research tip and my PC's last days.

Arthur William Matthews Colorized by MyHeritage This year's tackling of the Hobbs branch of my tree is my first real go at English resea...