Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday's Faces From the Past - Martha Ann Louden Linton

Martha Ann Louden Linton was the sister of my 3rd Great Grandmother, Elizabeth Louden Nimmo.  I shared her photo here two weeks ago when I didn't even know her name.



She was identified by one of her direct descendants who stumbled on my blog shortly after another cousin put us in touch with one another.  Tuesday I discovered that this same image is in the collection of the McCord Museum in Montreal.  They have acquired over 600,000 photographs taken by the Notman Studio.  You can see them here.



Even though the relatives I have found in this archive are distant cousins, I still feel as if I have stumbled on treasure with all the Quebec and Montreal history and did I mention the dresses??  Like Gone with the Wind. Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...