Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Tombstone Tuesday - Walter Herbert Smith and Marika Bey



Walter Herbert Smith was the youngest child of Orlando Chauncey Smith and Rachel Jeanne Frechette. He was born in Thetford Mines, Quebec on September 7, 1923.



Walter married Marika Bey sometime after World War II although I have not been able to find a date for the wedding so far. Together they had four children.


Although I did not know Mickey well, she was one of the few adults around whom I felt comfortable as a child and she still has a special place in my heart. We were able to see her only a few weeks before her passing in December of 2000.

Walter and Mickey are buried in the Smith family plot at Elmwood Cemetery in Sherbrooke, Quebec along with Walter's grandparents and parents and other relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...