Sunday, May 27, 2018

Happy Blogiversary to Me!


Six years ago today, I published my first post. I thought it would be cute to illustrate this post with a picture from my 6th birthday party but I took out the appropriate photo album today to look for one and there was nothing! The pictures go right from September to Christmas, which is two weeks after my birthday. So much for the spoiled only child myth. Looks like that Christmas Baby thing is real after all. Ah, well.

Instead of a cute photo of six-year-old me, I've illustrated this post with the same image that I used on my post six years ago, an obituary of my 2nd great-grandfather, Benjamin Smith, whose parents are as elusive today as they were then. I haven't worked on this puzzle in quite some time, but I'm planning a visit to the NYC Municipal Archives next month to look at some Brooklyn City Directories for clues so we'll see what happens then.

I'll find your family someday, Benjamin!

I'm sorry that I don't have time to write an appreciative post and reminisce about the last six years. Suffice it to say that your visits and comments mean a lot to me and I appreciate your encouragement to keep on blogging in spite of the GDPR. I hope to be back to regular length posts soon.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Anna! So glad to see that you didn't let GDPR get you down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary and please know that I enjoy reading your posts (and checking out the photos, news clippings, etc) even when I don't leave you a comment. Looking forward to your next year of blogging!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...