Thursday, April 28, 2016

Treasure Chest Thursday - Dad's Red Beanie

I can vaguely remember my father referring to a red beanie that he wore as a child but I don't remember any details like why it meant so much to him. I found the beanie in the basement stash last September which means that he and my grandparents saved it for the rest of his life.


I had seen it before on film the couple of times that Dad broke out the home movie of my grandparents' wedding and visits to my great-grandparents. You may remember that I had a VHS copy of that film digitized last year. The beanie makes it's appearance at about 12:32.


Also in the basement stash were these photos of Dad wearing the beanie. He's such a cutie!




2 comments:

  1. Aww he's adorable in that hat. It's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How darling! To have kept it that long, it truly must have had special meaning. What a wonderful keepsake!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...