Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Just Do Something - My Goal for 2022


If I were to sum up my overall genealogy goal for this year, it would be "Just Do Something." After taking such a long and unplanned break, and with so much uncertainty still in our present reality, my biggest goal for the year is to make time to do something genealogy related every week. Even if I can only squeeze in one activity during a busy week, I want to make sure I don't let more than 6 days go by without researching, documenting, transcribing, updating, organizing, scanning or learning something.

This isn't to say that I don't have specific things in mind that I would like to accomplish in 2022, but my approach to this year, at least for the first few months, will be pretty loose and easy.

For the next few months I plan to keep researching Donald's Barry lines and adding to both of our trees in WikiTree, just as I have been the last few months. In addition, I'll be putting together a plan to scan some set of records, photos or negatives in my collection. Those fast-moving fires in Colorado have lit a fire under me as well. Imagine running out to Costco or Home Depot for a quick errand only to be evacuated and never see your home again! Losing everything would be devastating, but nothing would hurt my heart so much as losing all of that family history before it was digitally preserved.

So, that is it, my quick, simple and certainly not overly ambitious goals for the first few months of 2022; just do something.

1 comment:

  1. The idea to "just do something" is actually a wonderful way to start 2022. Wishing you best of luck in digitizing your family history so it is all preserved!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

A quick English research tip and my PC's last days.

Arthur William Matthews Colorized by MyHeritage This year's tackling of the Hobbs branch of my tree is my first real go at English resea...