Tuesday, January 18, 2022

New York Genealogical & Biographical Society Education & Events

DJ, our Basenji, avoiding a walk in -9°F wind chills, two years ago.

I have been keeping up with my goal of doing something each week for genealogy, but none of it has been blog-worthy. At the moment, I am taking a break from organizing my genealogy space in preparation for working on scanning and storing some family photos and papers.

Later this week and next week I will be watching some webinars from the NYG&B and participating in an indexing event as well.

If you want to see what is coming up or currently available at the NYG&B, visit their events page here. There you will find a list of upcoming webinars and events like a scanning day at their offices. On the left of the page you will see some other education opportunities, like the New York Family History School which is currently offering access to presentations from the 2020 New York State Family History Conference through February 21st. There are 24 sessions available for viewing; $59.95 for members, $99.95 for non-members and its even less expensive if you attended the conference in 2020 and want to watch these presentations again.

I hope to have something blog-worthy to share soon, in the meantime stay warm and stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

A quick English research tip and my PC's last days.

Arthur William Matthews Colorized by MyHeritage This year's tackling of the Hobbs branch of my tree is my first real go at English resea...