Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Travel Tuesday - Mackinac Island, Michigan

Mackinac Island, Michigan was a vacation spot for my grandparents and father at least three summers. Dad had slides from 1950, 1952 and 1953. As an only child it was fortunate for Dad that one of his school friends from Chicago also spent summer vacations there with his family.

I don't know how long a vacation my grandfather took in the summers but I get the feeling that they had time to relax and recharge. Although I'm sure my grandfather had plenty to do at any time of year, he did work for universities for most of his career and probably had a good amount of time off in the summers.

"Approaching Mackinac Island"
Ferries to the Island
Coachman for the Grand Hotel


The Grand Hotel does live up to its name.

Mackinac Island City
Historic homes.
Fort Holmes


Pere Marquette

Judge




Construction of a bridge.




Lovers' Leap
Arch Rock
Sugar Loaf Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...