Thursday, August 18, 2016

Treasure Chest Thursday - Dad's Ordination to the Priesthood II

My father saved hardly anything from the day he was ordained. Luckily for me, my grandfather was a saver. He saved invitations, programs, photos and news clippings.
 









In one of the news items I shared last week and again on the second to last page of the program above, I discovered that a Wesleyan classmate and fellow Glee Club member had composed the postlude for the service and dedicated it to dad. I was able to find him and he still had the score which he mailed to me.





I'm hoping that I can get someone to play it for me soon and have it recorded. When I do, I'll be sure to share it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

"New" Siblings for my Great-Grandmother and a Mystery

Ada Hobbs and Bessie Hobbs, the only photo I have of any of Ada's siblings. My grandfather's writings about his family and his mothe...